April 2 - 4 and June 4 - 6, 2018
Maddie's® Lifesaving Leadership Master Class at Austin Pets Alive!
Today in Austin, 97% of the animals that enter the shelter system have a live outcome. This is possible due to a partnership between the city shelter, Austin Animal Center, and a local non-profit, Austin Pets Alive!.
Who Should Apply?
This learning opportunity is designed for community and organization leaders who want to learn how to transform their community's approach to animal services, including: Council Members City Managers Board Members Executive Directors Chief Animal Officers Aspiring Executive Directors anyone in a position to take an organization or community in the direction of No Kill.
How Does it Work?
Students who attend the Maddie's® No Kill Leadership Master Class will spend three days with leaders from both Austin organizations and will learn how to transform their own communities to become No Kill. Students will:
- Understand the role of the government in animal sheltering, and how to engage with local government to align values towards lifesaving and community health.
- Learn how municipalities and non-profits can work together to create change, Identify assets and gaps in their communities and will develop an action plan to leverage their assets to address the gaps.
- Learn how to leverage community members to become volunteers, fosters, and advocates.
- Learn how to manage resources and leverage community support for in-kind and capital donations.
- Understand the importance of creating an identity for their organization within their community and will learn how to develop and grow an identify for their organization.
A $800 stipend to cover travel and lodging will be awarded to the organization of each student chosen.
Applications February 27 - March 16, 2018 - Application Closed
Join the Maddie Network to be notified of future application openings