POSITION: Independent Contractor for Marketing Communications Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Communication and Marketing
LOCATION: Pleasanton, California
In this high-profile position, you will be responsible for helping to drive marketing and communications (Marcom) for the animal welfare industry and honor our namesake, Maddie, through our #ThanksToMaddie branding campaign. Key accountability for maintaining consistent communications messaging through all communications channels, writing annual/quarterly reports and press releases, optimize website performance and traffic, and creation and implementation of marcom plans for new projects. The Marketing Communications Project Manager is responsible for owning and managing the day-to-day implementation of the marketing and communications activities for Maddie's Fund® in concert with Marcom team members. This team player will manage and oversee multiple projects often with critical deadlines that require excellent project & time management, and organizational skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibilities of the role include identification, initiation and implementation of strategies/tactics in alignment with Maddie’s Fund brand and communications guidelines.
- Works closely and in sync with Marcom team and with cross functional teams on communications messaging and editing, website updates and promotions, as well as crafting and pitching appropriate stories for both industry and consumer-based press and audiences.
- The ability to work with outside partners and cross functionally with all internal teams is critical to this role.
- Develops communications for all new project launches including: positioning and messaging, advertising, promotions, public and media relations, online, digital, web and social media.
- The ability to think creatively and universally in lifting an industry is essential.
- Utilizes industry data as well as consumer insights to ensure messaging is appropriate for all audiences.
- May perform other duties as determined by business needs.
- Clever and creative thinker is essential.
- Ability to see how a project workflow, identify components, resources and final result is key.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and manages marketing communications projects, from initial concept stages to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills (must be diplomatic, good oral and written communicator, team player, effective supervisor).
- Ability to work independently and apply good judgment.
- Solid strategic thinking and planning skills, ability to see big picture and breakdown components of a project as well as how it connects to other projects.
- Strong grasp of design, creative thinking and visual communications.
- Comfort with testing projects and promotional concepts and trying new approaches is important.
- Ability to effectively work with and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to excel in an environment that requires leaders to embrace responsibilities along a broad continuum from strategic planning to day-to-day execution details.
- Experience creating and publishing content (including video and audio) used in other channels, including social media and podcasts or webcasts.
- Strength in analyzing business and brand via primary and secondary industry research, consumer insight, business financials such as budget and ROI.
- Ability to translate grants, grantee reporting, blog posts, social media and research into pitches and stories for consumer media and deliver compelling stories and presentations in order to bring ideas to life and build support within and external to animal welfare industry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing with a minimum of 3-5 years of related B2B and B2C Marketing and Communications with at least 3 years' animal welfare experience.
- Excellent creative writing, editing, public speaking and listening experience required.
- Strong public and media relations, marketing and communications experience essential.
- Experience with client relationship manager (CRM), email campaigns, content management systems (CMS), content collaboration tools (Slack), communications collaborations tools (Skype) and/or marketing automation systems required.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com