Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, foster care is being embraced like never before. The Pet Foster Care Stimulus Grant is designed to assist shelter and rescue organizations in providing the best care possible to the animals in foster care and help manage your population through foster care. It will also help reinforce foster care as a standard practice for animal sheltering as we move forward. Foster care is no longer just "the future,” it’s now!
This grant opportunity will provide funding to support foster care programs with food, medical care, supplies, staff time and more. Grants of up to $20,000 will be available as follows:
If your annual dog/cat intake is:
You can request up to this amount:
|999 or less||$1,000|
|1,000 - 4,999||$2,500|
|5,000 - 9,999||$5,000|
|10,000 - 19,999||$10,000|
|20,000 or more||$20,000|
We anticipate a large volume of applications, and it’s likely we won’t be able to fund all the deserving requests we receive. We will be taking into consideration your specific request, the number of pets in foster care, the size of your community and geographic areas most affected by COVID-19.
The application window opens April 13th and closes April 17th
To be eligible to apply for this grant, your organization must:
- Be a U.S.-based government animal shelter or a 501c3 animal shelter or rescue organization focused on dogs and/or cats that currently has or will be implementing a foster care program.
- Be an active participant in Shelter Animals Count. If your application is approved, you agree to join the Maddie’s Fund Coalition in Shelter Animals Count.
- Be current on all grant reporting for any prior Maddie's Fund grants. If you’ve had a report come due since the beginning of COVID-19, please reach out to us at 925.310.5450 or email@example.com.
- Submit a completed application through the Maddie’s Fund Grants Portal. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is approved, you agree to the following:
- To participate in a huddle via Zoom to discuss the results of your grant program. The huddle will be held within two weeks after the end of the grant period. Details on scheduling the huddle will be sent towards the end of the grant period.
- To honor Maddie, the little dog who inspired a movement, through your social media and donor recognition about this grant on your website, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted from Monday April 13, 2020 at 12:01am PST through Friday, April 17, 2020 at 5pm PST.
To apply, you’ll need to fill out the application in the Maddie’s Fund Grants Portal. If this is your first time accessing our grants portal, you’ll need to create an account by clicking ‘New User?’ on the login page.
You can prepare your answers before the application window opens using the sample application in the related links. This sample is provided for reference only and questions are subject to change. To apply for this grant, you must do so through the Maddie’s Fund Grants Portal.
If you have any questions about the application or our grants portal, please contact us at 925.310.5450 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our call and email volume has been extraordinarily high this week, and because of that, our response time is longer than usual. We appreciate your patience. If you've reached out to us about your application and haven't received a reply from us yet, please know that as long as you contact us by 5pm Pacific Time on Friday April 17th, we'll work with you to submit your application.