Fostering is a job for everyone, including you! But that doesn’t mean you have to be an expert - you just have to be willing to learn. To help you do that, we’ve developed Flash Classes.
Just like the name implies, these short, instructional classes cover individual topics that foster care givers encounter while caring for our beloved furry friends. Flash Classes give you all the information you need to provide the best care for your foster pet in a condensed, to-the-point format.
Check out the available Flash Classes below with more coming soon:
- Maddie’s Fund Flash Classes
- Rebound Hounds Flash Classes
- Dogs Out Loud Flash Classes
- Second Chance Animal Shelter Flash Classes
- Emergencies in Kittens and Puppies (0-4 weeks old)
Never sure when something is an emergency? This short class will cover all the common kitten and puppy (0-4 weeks old) emergencies so you are better prepared when an emergency occurs.
- Emergencies in Cats and Dogs (5 weeks and older)
Never sure when something is an emergency? This short class will cover all the common cat and dog (5 weeks and older) emergencies so you are better prepared when an emergency occurs.
- Fostering and Socializing Unsocial Kittens
Have you ever fostered or are currently fostering an unsocial kitten? This short class will teach you how to safely and effectively socialize fearful kittens so they can be adopted into a loving home.
- Harmful Non-Productive Suckling in Orphaned Neonatal Kittens
Learn to recognize the signs of non-productive suckling in orphaned neonatal kittens and how to stop the habit.
- How to Bottle Feed Kittens and Puppies
Learn the best practices of bottle feeding a kitten or puppy.
- Kitten and Puppy Bottle Feeding Problems and Solutions
Experiencing problems such as not taking the bottle, weight loss, restlessness or crying? Learn what you can do to help these little guys.
- How to Stimulate an Orphaned Kitten or Puppy to Pee and Poop
Learn how often a kitten or puppy should be stimulated, and more.
- Transitioning Kittens and Puppies to Solid Food
Learn the type of solid food that should be used during the transitioning process and much more in this class that aims to help make the weaning process easier.
- Taking the Temperature in Kittens and Puppies
Learn how to safely take a temperature in a kitten or puppy.
- URI in Kittens and Cats
Learn to identify the symptoms of URI, when it requires a vet visit and what you can do at home to help your kitten or cat get better.
- Introducing Your Foster Dog to Strangers in Your House
Learn how to safely and successfully introduce your foster dog to new people who enter your home.
- Helping Your Foster Dog be Comfortable Home Alone
Some foster dogs can become stressed when left home alone even to point of becoming destructive, learn how you can avoid this situation.
- Introducing Your Foster Dog to Cats
By following these simple steps your foster dog and your feline can co-exist safely and peacefully.
- Keeping Interactions between Foster Dogs and Children Safe
Fostering a dog as a family can be a rewarding experience. This class aims to show you how you can ensure the interactions between children and foster dogs remain a safe, fun, experience.
- Playing with your Foster Dog
Playing with your foster dog is fun! Learn how to do so safely and what types of play are appropriate.
- Bringing Your Shy Foster Dog Home
Fostering a shy dog can be truly rewarding as you watch them come out of their shell. Learn how to start off on the right foot with this video on how to successfully introduce your new shy foster dog to you and your home.
- Introducing Your Shy Foster Dog to Strangers in Your Home
Learn some helpful tools and techniques to make your shy foster dogs interactions with new people a good experience instead of something to fear.
- Low Stress Cat Transport
Learn a new method for transporting cats that has shown positive results in reducing the amount of stress the cat experiences and ultimately in lowering the number of cases of URI due to stress.