Fostering is a job for everyone, including you! But that doesn’t mean you have to be an expert - you just have to be willing to learn. To help you do that, we’ve developed Flash Classes.
Just like the name implies, these short, instructional classes cover individual topics that foster care givers encounter while caring for our beloved furry friends. Flash Classes give you all the information you need to provide the best care for your foster pet in a condensed, to-the-point format.
Check out the available Flash Classes below with more coming soon:
- Maddie’s Fund Flash Classes
- Rebound Hounds Flash Classes
- Dogs Out Loud Flash Classes
- Second Chance Animal Shelter Flash Classes
- Emergencies in Kittens and Puppies (0-4 weeks old) - (Coming soon)
Never sure when something is an emergency? This short class will cover all the common kitten and puppy (0-4 weeks old) emergencies so you are better prepared when an emergency occurs.
- Emergencies in Cats and Dogs (5 weeks and older) - (Coming soon)
Never sure when something is an emergency? This short class will cover all the common kitten and puppy (5 weeks and older) emergencies so you are better prepared when an emergency occurs.
- Fostering and Socializing Unsocial Kittens
Have you ever fostered or are currently fostering an unsocial kitten? This short class will teach you how to safely and effectively socialize fearful kittens so they can be adopted into a loving home.
- Harmful Non-Productive Suckling in Orphaned Neonatal Kittens
Learn to recognize the signs of non-productive suckling in orphaned neonatal kittens and how to stop the habit.
- Taking the Temperature in Kittens and Puppies
Learn how to safely take a temperature in a kitten or puppy.
- URI in Kittens and Cats (Coming soon)
Learn to identify the symptoms of URI, when it requires a vet visit and what you can do at home to help your kitten or cat get better.
- Introducing Your Foster Dog to Strangers in Your House
Learn how to safely and successfully introduce your foster dog to new people who enter your home.
- Keeping Interactions between Foster Dogs and Children Safe - (Coming soon)
Fostering a dog as a family can be a rewarding experience. This class helps to show you how you can ensure the interactions between children and foster dogs remains a safe, fun, experience.
- Playing with your Foster Dog
Playing with your foster dog is fun! Learn how to do so safely and what types of play are appropriate.
- Bringing Your Shy Foster Dog Home
Fostering a shy dog can be truly rewarding as you watch them come out of their shell. Learn how to start off on the right foot with this video on how to successfully introduce your new shy foster dog to you and your home.
- Low Stress Cat Transport
Learn a new method for transporting cats that has shown positive results in reducing the amount of stress the cat experiences and ultimately in lowering the number of cases of URI due to stress.