Thank you for your interest in Maddie's Fund's grant opportunities! Please read through all of this information before applying for a grant.
To be considered for a grant from Maddie's Fund, your organization must meet the following criteria.
- Be a U.S. based 501c3 or government animal welfare organization focused on dogs and/or cats. In addition, universities may apply for a Maddie's® Idea Lab Project. Learn more
- Publicly share your annual animal statistics on your website (on the same page as your lifesaving percentage - see next bullet point). Learn more
- Publicly share your lifesaving percentage, including how it was calculated, on your website (on the same page as your annual animal statistics - see bullet point above). Learn more
- Be an active participant in Shelter Animals Count (if applicable). Learn more
- Be an active participant in the Million Cat Challenge (if applicable). Learn more
- If you have received funding from Maddie's Fund in the past, be current on all grant reporting requirements. Learn more
- Submit a completed application specific to the grant for which you are applying. Learn more
Grant recipients must agree to provide a report on how their grant funds were spent and the results of implementing their program. Depending on the grant, this may be requested in the form of a narrative report, financial information or an emailed survey.
Grant recipients will be asked to honor Maddie, the little dog who inspired a movement, through their social media and donor recognition about this grant on their website, donor wall, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
If you have questions about the application process, or your organization's eligibility, please contact our Grants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925.310.5450.