Maddie's Fund® is offering up to $5,000 to implement a new program at your shelter or rescue organization that will advance lifesaving.
Upcoming application period is:
- May 15 - 22, 2017
Applications may be accepted for the following categories (final list to be determined in April, and may be a subset of the list below):
- Alternatives to Intake
- Capacity for Care
- Community Outreach (Pets for Life)
- Engaging the Public
- Engaging Volunteers
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovative, Creative and Sustainable Leadership
- Keeping Pets in their Homes
- Managed Admissions
- Progressive Foster Care
- Progressive Marketing and PR
- Progressive Shelter Behavior
- Progressive Shelter Medicine
- Progressive Technology, Data and Metrics
- Progressive Training and Development
- Removing Barriers to Adoption (Adoption Ambassadors, Adopters Welcome, Open Adoptions, etc.)
- Return to Field/SNR
- Sustainability (Fundraising, Fund Development, Strategic Planning, etc.)
- Targeted TNR
Who is eligible to participate?
This grant opportunity is open to any U.S. based 501c3 or government animal welfare organization focused on dogs and/or cats. Grant recipients must:
- Be a U.S. based 501c3 or government animal welfare organization focused on dogs and/or cats. Learn more
- Publicly share your annual animal statistics on your website (on the same page as your lifesaving percentage - see next bullet point). Learn more
- Publicly share your lifesaving percentage, including how it was calculated, on your website (on the same page as your annual animal statistics - see bullet point above). Learn more
- Participate in Shelter Animals Count (if applicable). Learn more
- Participate in the Million Cat Challenge (if applicable). Learn more
- If you have received funding from Maddie's Fund in the past, be current on all grant reporting requirements. Learn more
- Submit a completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Learn more
- Agree to complete a survey 6 months after funding on how grant funds were spent and the results of implementing the selected lifesaving program.
Grant applications will be accepted from May 15 - 22, 2017. Only complete applications will be accepted. Any applications that are incomplete or missing information will not be accepted, so please review your application carefully before submitting to ensure accuracy and completeness. The application will be posted 1 week prior to the grant cycle opening.
Grant recipients will be asked to honor Maddie, the little dog who inspired a movement, through their social media and donor recognition about this grant on their website, donor wall, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
Interested in getting the inside scoop on the latest Grant opportunities? A front row seat to the newest webcasts? First to know about exciting things to come? Join the Maddie Network today!