Maddie's Fund® is offering up to $5,000 to implement a new program at your shelter or rescue organization that will advance lifesaving.
- July 30 - August 6, 2018
- October 22 - 29, 2018
Please note, dates and categories for grant cycles are subject to change.
The April 2018 application cycle has closed. Those who applied during that cycle will be notified of their approval or decline in late May.
Upcoming application periods:
- Dates for FY2018-19 will be announced in the coming months.
This grant opportunity is not designed to cover general operating costs or capital campaigns. We are looking for applications that propose to implement a new program or expand an existing program to increase lifesaving at your organization.
Who is eligible to participate?
Grant recipients must:
- Be a U.S. based 501c3 or government animal welfare organization focused on dogs and/or cats. Learn more
- Publicly share your annual animal statistics on your website (on the same page as your lifesaving percentage - see next bullet point). Learn more
- Publicly share your lifesaving percentage, including the formula for how it was calculated, on your website (on the same page as your annual animal statistics - see bullet point above). Learn more
- Be an active participant in Shelter Animals Count (if applicable). If your grant is approved, you will be required to join the Maddie's Fund Coalition. Learn more
- Be an active participant in the Million Cat Challenge (if applicable). Learn more
- If you have received funding from Maddie's Fund in the past, be current on all grant reporting requirements. Learn more
- Submit a completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered, and any attachments submitted will not be read. Learn more
- Agree to complete a survey 6 months after funding on how grant funds were spent and the results of implementing the selected lifesaving program.
The Innovation Grant Cycle is currently closed.
Before the application window opens, you can prepare in the following ways:
- Review the Maddie's Fund Grant Guidelines and ensure you meet these requirements.
- Download the Sample Application and prepare your responses to the application questions. Keep in mind not all categories are available each grant cycle.
- If you haven't already, Register as a User in the Maddie's Fund Grants Portal.
Grant recipients will be asked to honor Maddie, the little dog who inspired a movement, through their social media and donor recognition about this grant on their website, donor wall, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
Interested in getting the inside scoop on the latest Grant opportunities? A front row seat to the newest webcasts? First to know about exciting things to come? Join the Maddie Network today!