Maddie's® Pet Assistant is a tool to help foster caregivers or adopters with enhanced support for questions or challenges, while providing valuable insights to your organization.
What is Maddie's Pet Assistant?
Maddie's Pet Assistant (MPA) is an app for mobile phones and tablets developed by Maddie's Fund® to help animal shelters and rescue organizations provide support to and communicate with caregivers after pets go home. Think of it as another tool in your toolbox to help animals succeed in their journey beyond the shelter.
How does your organization benefit?
This unique app benefits not only adopters or foster caregivers but also shelter and rescue organizations. It's a win-win!
- Learning how to help adopted pets stay in their new homes and how to help foster pets settle into their temporary homes.
- Clearly communicating to adopters and foster caregivers that you care about their success.
- Enhancing the customer service and adoption experience; enhancing caregiver's experience for foster program retention.
- Strengthening support programs for new pet parents and foster caregivers; and most importantly, knowing which programs they truly need.
- Gaining valuable data about pets' behavior and health in a home environment.
- Engaging volunteers and staff with continued professional education.
- Collecting a wealth of adorable stories, pictures and videos directly from adopters and foster caregivers via the app's sharing function.
- Tracking weight, vaccinations schedules, pet biographies and more!
How does Maddie's Pet Assistant work?
It's all about support and communication. The app gives caregivers the opportunity to submit questions, photos and videos and take surveys. Via submitted surveys, your organization can gather valuable information about how the pet is doing in their foster or adoptive home, especially as it relates to potential problems or challenges. If an adopter or foster caregiver reports a concern in a survey, they receive an immediate email response, crafted by shelter medicine veterinarians and behaviorists, to educate them and help resolve the issue. Your organization's staff and/or volunteers can review all submitted survey responses at any time to offer additional, direct support as needed.
What are the tech requirements?
Maddie's Pet Assistant is currently being beta tested with organizations that use PetPoint or Shelterluv shelter software.
Interested in learning more?
At this time Maddie's Pet Assistant is only available to organizations that use PetPoint or Shelterluv shelter management software. As we evolve, we hope to make this invaluable tool more widely available. Please check our website for updates.
Send us an inquiry email at firstname.lastname@example.org.