May 7 - 10 and June 11 - 14, 2018
Maddie's® Parvo ICU Apprenticeship at Austin Pets Alive!
Do you want to start saving dogs with parvo in your community? Would you like a chance to learn how to give parvo puppies a chance to survive with APA!'s exclusive protocols and intensive care unit?
Who Should Apply?
These apprenticeship opportunities are for shelter/rescue organization directors, veterinarians, staff and volunteers who are interested in learning how to be most effective at implementing this type of program in their organization.
- Have one year of experience in a veterinary clinic that includes administering IV, IM, injections and (preferably) catheter placement experience
- Have basic pharmaceutical knowledge
- Be comfortable calculating and administering medications
- Be comfortable working with symptoms of the virus
Home organization must have:
- Quarantine area with sink, washer/dryer connections and toilet
- Cooperating veterinarian
- Ability to build and manage team
How Does it Work?
The Parvo ICU Apprenticeship is five days. Students will receive five inspiring days at Austin Pets Alive! in Austin, Texas. Students will experience hands on training to learn all aspects of the APA! Parvo ICU program, including treatment protocols and procedures, quarantine and decontamination protocols, and how to recruit and train a team of professionals and volunteers. APA! Parvo ICU staff and volunteers will collaborate with students to develop treatment protocols that will be utilized in the students' home shelters or organizations.
A $1,000 stipend to cover travel and lodging will be awarded to the organization of each student chosen.
Applications February 27 - March 16, 2018 - Application Closed
Join the Maddie Network to be notified of future application openings