Audience: Executive Leadership, Foster Caregivers, Shelter/Rescue Staff & Volunteers
Fostering kittens is an extremely fun and rewarding experience. However, it can be frustrating when your foster kittens are frightened of you and want nothing to do with you or any other humans. The good news is that many unsocialized kittens, depending on their age, can learn to not only tolerate interaction with humans but even enjoy it. The following interactive class will teach you how to safely accomplish socializing an unsocial kitten.
Here is what you can expect to learn:
- The definition of an unsocial kitten
- The best age ranges for socialization
- The best tools and area to help socialize kittens in safely
- Several socializing techniques and step-by-step instructions on how to socialize your foster kittens
- How to prepare the kitten and the adopter for continued success
This presentation is best viewed in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers.