Thank you for your interest in Maddie's Fund's grant opportunities! Please read through all of this information before applying for a grant.
To be considered for a grant from Maddie's Fund®, your organization must meet the following criteria. The links below will give you more information about each requirement. If you are unsure if you meet the requirements, or you need help in meeting them, we're happy to talk to you. Please reach out to us at 925.310.5450 or email@example.com.
- Be a U.S. based 501c3 public charity or government animal well-being organization focused on dogs and/or cats. At this time, we are unable to accept applications from U.S. Territories. Learn more
- Publicly share your annual animal statistics on your website (on the same page as your lifesaving percentage - see next bullet point). Learn more
- Publicly share on your website your lifesaving percentage and the formula for how it was calculated (on the same page as your annual animal statistics - see bullet point above). Learn more
- Be an active participant in Shelter Animals Count (if applicable). Learn more
- If you have received funding from Maddie's Fund in the past, be current on all grant reporting requirements. Learn more
- Submit a completed application specific to the grant for which you are applying. Learn more
Please note, for projects funded through a University, we limit Indirect Costs to 10%.
Watch a quick video about our Grant Requirements.
Grant recipients will be asked to honor Maddie, the little dog who inspired a movement, through their social media and donor recognition about this grant on their website, donor wall, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
Grant recipients must agree to provide a report on how their grant funds were spent and the results of implementing their program. Depending on the grant, this may be requested in the form of a narrative report, financial information or an emailed survey.
If you have questions about the application process, or your organization's eligibility, please contact our Grants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925.310.5450.