Maddie's Fund® is offering up to $5,000 to implement a new program at your shelter or rescue organization that will advance lifesaving.
We're looking for applications that propose to either (1) implement a new innovative program in your organization or (2) take an existing program and redesign or reimagine it in an innovative way. If you're proposing to redesign an existing program, you must indicate in your application what is new and innovative about it (for example, targeting a new population of animals or people). This grant opportunity is not designed to cover an expansion of a program that will be doing more of what you're currently doing, nor is it designed to cover general operating costs or capital campaigns.
If you'd like to hear about our Innovation Grants, please watch this short video.
We've also answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the Innovation Grant application in this video.
For the February 11 - 19, 2019 cycle of Innovation Grants, we will be focusing on eight of the AmPA! 12 ingredients for Lifesaving (listed below). When filling out the application, you'll be selecting the Maddie's Fund Lifesaving Category that corresponds with the AmPA! Ingredient you're applying to implement. See list below.
Who is eligible to participate?
Grant recipients must:
- Be a U.S. based 501c3 or government animal welfare organization focused on dogs and/or cats. At this time, we are unable to accept applications from U.S. Territories. Learn more
- Publicly share your annual animal statistics on your website (on the same page as your lifesaving percentage - see next bullet point). Learn more
- Publicly share your lifesaving percentage, including the formula for how it was calculated, on your website (on the same page as your annual animal statistics - see bullet point above). Learn more
- Be an active participant in Shelter Animals Count (if applicable). If your grant is approved, you will be required to join the Maddie's Fund Coalition. Learn more
- Be an active participant in the Million Cat Challenge (if applicable). Learn more
- If you have received funding from Maddie's Fund in the past, be current on all grant reporting requirements. Learn more
- Submit a completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered, and any attachments submitted will not be read. Learn more
- Agree to complete a survey 6 months after funding on how grant funds were spent and the results of implementing the selected lifesaving program.
You do not need to attend the American Pets Alive! Conference to apply for this round of Innovation Grants but, of course, we encourage you to do so.
The Innovation Grant Cycle is currently closed.
Before the application window opens, you can prepare in the following ways:
- Review the Maddie's Fund Grant Guidelines and ensure you meet these requirements.
- Download the Sample Application and prepare your responses to the application questions. Keep in mind not all categories are available each grant cycle.
- If you haven't already, Register as a User in the Maddie's Fund Grants Portal.
Grant recipients will be asked to honor Maddie, the little dog who inspired a movement, through their social media and donor recognition about this grant on their website, donor wall, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
Interested in getting the inside scoop on the latest Grant opportunities? A front row seat to the newest webcasts? First to know about exciting things to come? Join the Maddie Network today!