December 11 -13, 2019
Maddie's® Managing Shelter Health Apprenticeship at Charleston Animal Society
Are you a shelter director, manager or involved with the healthy flow of animals from intake to adoption? Are you interested in increasing your skills and knowledge as it applies to shelter management and shelter medicine? Do you want to learn how to integrate shelter management and shelter medicine best practices in your own shelter or rescue to improve the quality of care and save more lives?
Who Should Apply?
Shelter Operations Staff, Shelter Directors, Shelter Medical Staff or any shelter employee or board member who may be involved in animal flow planning or animal disposition planning.
Outline of Topics:
- Fundamentals of Animal Flow, Managing Admissions, Length of Stay
- Capacity or Care/Medical Emergencies, ASV Guidelines for Standard of Care
- Fostering, Special Adoption Programs, Rounds, Housing, Cleaning vs. Disinfecting, Disease Recognition/Intake Procedures, Biosecurity
- Identifying Stress & Pain, Enrichment/Socialization, Behavior Assessments, Body Language/Low-Stress Handling
A $1,000 stipend to offset the cost of travel and lodging will be awarded to the organization of each student chosen.
Applications August 12 - 23, 2019 - Application Closed
Applications are currently closed. Please check back for future opportunities.
Before the application window opens, you can prepare in the following ways:
- Review the Maddie's Fund Grant Guidelines.
- Download the Sample Application and prepare your responses to the application questions.
- If you haven't already, Register as a User in the Maddie's Fund Grants Portal.
Join the Maddie Network to be notified of future application openings: