Maddie’s Fund invests its resources in a commitment to keeping pets and people together, creating a safety net of care for animals in need and operating within a culture of inclusiveness and humility. We are working towards the day when the animal welfare field more accurately represents the diversity of our country.
We are introducing a new grant opportunity to support the operations of U.S.-based Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)-led government agencies or nonprofit animal welfare or veterinary medicine organizations. Our focus is on organizations who primarily deal with dogs and/or cats and/or their people. Please reach out to us at 925.310.5450 or email@example.com if you have any questions about your eligibility.
This $1 million grant opportunity is intended to provide operating support to qualifying organizations. Grants will range from $5,000 to $50,000 depending on community size, organization size and demographics and impact the organization has in their community.
To be eligible for this grant, your organization must:
- Be a U.S.-based government or non-profit animal welfare or veterinary medicine organization who focuses on dogs and/or cats and whose head of organization (Executive Director, President, etc.) is BIPOC.
- Be current on Maddie’s Fund grant reporting, if you’ve received a grant from us in the past.
- Be an active participant in Shelter Animals Count, if applicable to your organization (If approved for a grant, you agree to join the Maddie’s Fund Coalition in Shelter Animals Count).
- Submit a completed application through the Maddie’s Fund Grants Portal between 12:01am Pacific Time on Monday, March 14, 2022 and 5pm Pacific Time on Thursday, March 31, 2022. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
If your application is approved, you agree to the following:
- The reporting for this grant will be done via Zoom. Maddie’s Fund will schedule the Zoom calls with all grantees after payment has been made. You can find a sample of the questions here. If you prefer to submit a written report, we’re happy to work with you on submitting it.
- To honor Maddie, the little dog who inspired a movement, through your social media and donor recognition about this grant on your website, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
Registration for the Grant has Closed
If you have any questions about this grant opportunity, our application or our grants portal, please contact us at 925.310.5450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.